Attached to the link below are the results from our 2017 needs assessment. We surveyed many of nonprofits that serve abused and neglected youth in Somerset County.
CHI Needs Assessment Results
- Middle Earth: Work with Middle Earth to support new and expanded mentoring opportunities, Also, new “fun trips” and “Visions Plus Program.” http://www.middleearthnj.org/services/mentoring-services. Most recent program report: 2018 Middle Earth Mid-Year Report Past program reports: Lunchtime Mentoring Middle Earth Lunchtime Mentoring Report
- Family & Community Services of Somerset County: Work with mental health providers to cut waiting times for children needing mental health counseling and medicines. 2018 initiative is group counseling to support middle school children who recently arrives in the US from Latin America and who suffered trauma in their country of origin. Most recent program report: 2018 F&CS Mid-Year Report Past program reports: Family and Community Services Family and Community Services Report
- CASA SHaW: Support tutoring program that helps abused and neglected children, especially those who are in out of home placements and have fallen behind educationally and need special attention to catch-up. Past program report: CASA Tutoring CASA Traveling Tutor Report
- Richard Hall CMHC: Support Children’s Hope Afterschool Program in memory of Paige Whitney Imperatore which provides intensive out-patient care for 60 children & youth including intensive summer experience for up to 17 children. Most recent program report: 2018 Richard Hall Community Mental Health Center Mid-Year Report Past program reports: CHAP Richard Hall Program Report
- Resilient Youth of Somerset County: Support the efforts of Resilient Youth of Somerset County to educate youth stakeholders about the pervasive effects of chronic trauma and to hold information sessions on the importance and effectiveness of Trauma Informed Care, with the goal of making Somerset a trauma informed community. Most recent program report: 2018 Resilient Youth of Somerset Mid-Year Report Past committee reports: Resilient Youth of Somerset Resilient Youth of Somerset Report
A Parents Anonymous of New Jersey Chapter
If you are a parent or caregiver of a child with emotional, behavioral, or mental health needs, Proactive Parenting is a way to gain knowledge of positive, proactive strategies for handling your child’s challenging behaviors. At the monthly meetings, you may tell your story and listen to the experiences of others. In the process, you will gain a network of support within the community to help you in your most challenging and important job: being a loving and effective parent to your children.
One of the first two goals of the Children’s Hope Initiative was to establish a Parents Anonymous Chapter in Somerset County. We thank the Family Support Organization of Hunterdon, Somerset and Warren Counties and EmPoWER/Family Success Center for making this much needed program happen.
Meetings are held one evening each month (currently first Friday of each month, 7-8pm) at the EmPoWER Family Success Center, 34 West Main Street, 2nd Floor, Somerville. For more information about future meetings, please call 908-223-1191 or contact the Family Support Organization through their website at http://fso-hsw.org